1.11.2018

Throwback Thursday: Martha by Mail Kits

Lovers of the Martha by Mail catalog will no doubt remember the vast array of craft kits that was created for the venture. It was Martha's ingenious idea to create kits containing all of the materials needed for various craft projects shown in the pages of Martha Stewart Living magazine. From handmade soaps to lip balms, paper flowers to Valentine's Day quilling projects, there was probably a Martha by Mail kit to help you create whatever your heart desired. Each kit included a fully-illustrated instruction booklet to help you complete the project, step by step. One of the best kits - and one of the first - was the pie-making kit, which came with a Martha by Mail pie tin, a pastry brush, all of the tools necessary for making a pie and a copy of "Martha Stewart's Pies and Tarts" book, which contained recipes for her best-loved pies. On this Throwback Thursday, I thought I'd share a few of the kits here. Was there a kit you especially loved? Let me know in the comments section!

2 comments:

Lorie ~ Luray Lane Vintage said...

I was just looking through some of my old (98,99) magazines and I saw some of her Martha By Mail items. I really wish I had purchased some of her copper cookie cutters and magazine holders that fit her mags perfectly.

Tlee1 said...

Hi just saw your post. FYI, Michael Bonne again making Marth’s Cookie cutters, also in 4” versions. Check him out on Facebook.